Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful to be an American, but dissapointed in America today

Feeling a little fat after this week, but got ample helpings of movies like The Patriot, Gone With The Wind (fell asleep), Gladiator, Pearl Harbor, and American Beauty to stir up the spirits. I also read a Robert Ludlum book. I'm itching for a fight ;)


The Black Friday phenomena just disgusts me - even when they're not spraying pepper spray into crowds or bashing the faces of accused shoplifters against the cold linoleum floors of a Super Walmart, the shopping orgy of the year just leaves a disgusting film on the whole holiday. Christmas, in general, is really one of my least favorite times of the year. I've bought the requisite gifts so no one can call me Scrooge, but I'll be damned if I hang a single light or put up a dead tree inside my house (aside from the lumber that holds up the walls). All I want for Christmas are physical gold and silver.

No comments: