Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Getting hacked by Anonymous is the new killing it...

Anonymous posted 4,000 bankers personal info on the Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center website during the Super Bowl. I honestly just skipped over the story at first, why would the Fed have my information and a password to boot, and I generally assume that hackers break into institutions all the time (I've seen that movie) and already have my coveted phone number and super secret passwords I use to protect my highly sensitive family photos.


So, I reached out to the Fed, informed them how important I was, increasing the likelihood dramatically that my information would be on this list of elite bankers. Three days later they let me know that everyone who did have their personal information exposed had already been contacted. I immediately checked my cellphone, personal email accounts, work email accounts, home phone answering machine, and snail-mailbox... Nothing. Needless to say this does of humble pie was hard to swallow, and I plan on sulking through dinner and perhaps even until Law & Order starts (Mike Tyson guest stars tonight). If you did get a shout out from the Fed, please reach out to me as I need to improve my circle of banker friends.

2 comments:

Concrete Jungle said...

I was vindicated just hours after the post when someone hijacked my email account and sent everyone I've ever corresponded with an email with no subject and a link to various websites including a spoofed vitamin dealer site, a German site I was scared to visit, etc. So, I do matter after all.

crabsofsteel said...

meanwhile, here is the story on my favorite CMBS loan ever.

http://www.deadanddyingretail.com/2012/05/city-view-center-in-garfield-heights.html