- More than 2/3rds of CMBS loans coming due have been extended and can be extended no longer due to PSA limitations (I'll need to double check that one...) -Steve Van
- Flags have been laid back enforcing brand standards on their properties, but it's been three years and they're running out of patience. -Steve Van
- Pace of workouts are exceeding the pace of transfers to special servicing and he expects to work through the backlog over the next 3 - 5 years. -Clark Rogers, Keybank and echoed by Michael O'Hanlon, Berkadia
- The lack of financing since August is having a noticeable impact on maturing loans. Expects to see a big uptick in Large Loan Floaters hitting their last extension date with no possibility of refinancing. Expects massive defaults in LL Floaters. -O'Hanlon
- Big demand for Hotel product coming out of Large Loan Floaters. -Rogers
- Specials who kicked the can down the road look like geniuses today? (not sure I would call the specials geniuses).
- Still don't expect a flood of distressed loans.
- General agreement that nothing has changed - fundamentals have stayed flat, unemployment hasn't improved, recession never really stopped...
Specialty Retailer Claire's Files for Chapter 11
14 hours ago